This casserole must be prepared and refrigerated, without baking, a day in advance.
- 9 slices stale bread salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 pound very sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 eggs
- 3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cut each slice of bread into 3 strips. Fit 9 strips in the bottom of greased
2-quart casserole. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, 1/3 onions and 1/3 cheese. Press
down. Repeat twice.
- Beat eggs. Add milk, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over bread. Let stand
overnight in refrigerator. Remove 2 hours before serving.
- An hour before serving, bake in a preheated 325 degree F oven for 50-60 minutes
or until firm in the center.
Posted by JBic01 at Recipe Goldmine 5/5/02 5:08:25 pm.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Casserole Recipes