Cheesy Eggplant Casserole
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 3/4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk (at room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dash of cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 ounces American or Cheddar cheese, cut into small pieces
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten (at room temperature)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Peel and dice eggplant. Steam or sauté until tender. Toss with breadcrumbs in
a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan; stir in flour. Add milk; cook and stir until
thickened. Stir in onion, ketchup and seasonings. Add cheese; cook and stir until
melted. Add eggs to sauce, stirring constantly.
- Combine sauce with eggplant mixture.
- Transfer to prepared dish; bake 45 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Casserole Recipes