Chile Pepper Casserole
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 8 whole large ancho/poblano or bell peppers
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- This recipe works with lots of different kinds of chiles. Roast peppers so that
the skin blisters, then peel off most of the blistered skin. If using dried ancho/poblano
peppers, soak them in hot water until soft. Remove stem and seeds, and continue
with the recipe.
- Split chile peppers lengthwise and remove seeds and pith. Spread chiles in a
single layer in a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle the green onions, cilantro
and most of the cheese (reserving some for the top) over chiles.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, flour, and salt together until smooth. Pour over
chiles and cheese.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in custard comes out clean.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over casserole and return to oven for 10 minutes or
until cheese melts. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a tomato salad or salsa.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Casserole Recipes