Chile Rice Casserole
- 3 cups cooked long grain white rice
- Salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- 3 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 3/4 pound Monterey jack cheese, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Season rice with salt and pepper. Combine sour cream, salt and chiles.
- In the prepared casserole, place a layer of rice, cover with a layer of the sour
cream mixture, and top with strips of Monterey Jack cheese. Repeat, making 2 or
3 layers and ending with rice on top.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with grated Cheddar cheese and return to oven until cheese is melted.