Corn with Tamales
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small jar pimiento
- 1 can hot tamales
- 2 cans creamed corn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- Steam onion, pepper and pimiento in juice from tamales.
- Cut tamales into bite-size pieces. Add corn, tamales, salt and pepper to sauce mixture.
- Bake in a 1 1/2-quart casserole at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until mixture thickens.
- Top with grated cheese just before serving and return to oven until cheese melts.
Serves 6 to 8.