- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 (8.5 ounce) boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 2 (14.75 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles, drained
- Chopped pimentos to taste, optional
- 1 cup (8 ounce carton) sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Cook onion and butter in a saucepan set over medium-high heat until onion is
browned; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together milk, eggs, corn muffin mixes, creamed corn,
chiles and pimentos. Spread mixture into baking pan.
- Top with sautéed onions. Swirl sour cream through mixture in pan. Sprinkle with
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before cutting.
Serves 8 to 12 as a side dish.
Keeps well refrigerated.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Casserole Recipes