Creamed Celery Casserole
- 4 cups sliced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) package slivered almonds
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (3 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 5 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed Ritz Crackers
- Boil celery and salt in small amount of water for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Mix almonds, water chestnuts and mushrooms with celery.
- Melt half the margarine and blend in flour. Add milk and chicken broth. Stir
and cook until thick. Mix with celery mixture. Put into a buttered 8-inch square
- Melt remaining margarine, and mix with Ritz cracker crumbs. Top casserole with
cheese and crumbs.
- Bake ay 350 degrees F until bubbly, about 30 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Casserole Recipes