Crunchy Cashew Casserole
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 large carrot, scraped and shredded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces canned water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 ounces chow mein noodles, divided
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cook first 4 ingredients in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray,
stirring constantly until vegetables are tender.
- Add cashews and next 4 ingredients, stirring until blended. Stir in 1 cup of
the chow mein noodles. Spoon into 5 (1 1/2 cup) lightly greased casseroles*. Sprinkle
with remaining noodles.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Yield: 5 servings
* You can also bake in a 2-quart casserole for 30 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Casserole Recipes