Egg Foo Yung Casserole
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 (16 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can drained, sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Stir together all casserole ingredients and pour into greased 12 x 8 x 2 inch
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- To make the sauce, combine cornstarch with 1/4 cup broth and set aside.
- Heat remaining broth to boiling in a saucepan, gradually whisk in cornstarch broth mixture
and soy sauce. Cook, stirring until thickened and smooth, add mushrooms and green
- To serve, cut casserole into squares and top with mushroom sauce.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 8, 2001.