Egg Foo Yung Casserole
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 (16 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can drained, sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Casserole: Stir together all casserole ingredients and pour into greased 12 x 8 x 2 inch
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Mushroom Sauce: Combine cornstarch with 1/4 cup broth and set aside.
- Heat remaining broth to boiling in a saucepan, gradually whisk in cornstarch broth mixture
and soy sauce. Cook, stirring until thickened and smooth, add mushrooms and green
- To serve, cut casserole into squares and top with mushroom sauce.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 8, 2001.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Casserole Recipes