Eggplant Casserole 3
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) eggplant
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 sliced tomatoes (fresh) or 1 1/2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup finely crushed bread crumbs
- Mushrooms (optional)
- Slice the eggplant about 1/2 inch thick. Skin and dice.
- Sauté the eggplant for about 5 minutes in the butter. Place in a buttered casserole,
alternate layers, with the sliced onion, the tomatoes and the grated cheese. Season
each layer. Top with bread crumbs and remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 35 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Casserole Recipes