Grated Sweet Potato Casserole
This is old-fashioned and rarely used, but is especially delicious during holidays
with turkey and ham.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups grated raw sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix sugar and milk in large bowl; add potatoes. Beat eggs; add butter.
- Combine two mixtures. Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Pour into 2-quart casserole, and bake for 1 hour at 450 degrees F.