Squash Casserole 2
- 2 pounds squash
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 to 3/4 medium onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Round butter crackers, crushed
- Butter or margarine
- Cook squash in small amount of water until tender. Drain well and mash.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs.
- Sauté onion in butter. Add squash, eggs, milk,
brown sugar and salt to onions. Mix well.
- In a buttered 2-quart casserole put 1 layer of 10 crushed crackers, 1 layer of
squash mixture and 1 layer of cheese. Repeat the 3 layers. Top with cracker crumbs
and dots of butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
Can be frozen.