Summer Vegetable Casserole
- 2 tablespoons raw rice
- 3 zucchini squash, sliced in rounds
- 3 yellow squash, sliced in rounds
- 1 large onion, sliced in wedges
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced in wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- These are all juicy vegetables, so cut into thick slices. Do not add any liquid
- Butter a 2-quart casserole dish. Put raw rice in the bottom. Layer
sliced vegetables in order listed above. Sprinkle salt, pepper and brown sugar between
each layer and on top.
- Cut butter into small pieces and dot on top of casserole.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour.