Sweet Corn Casserole
This sweet corn-studded casserole is a great side to serve with practically any
main dish. Goes well with Mexican, South American and American cuisine.
- 1/2 cup masa harina flour (Mexican corn masa mix)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn, partially thawed
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons yellow corn meal
- 2 tablespoons NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 9-inch pie plate.
- Place flour, butter and vegetable shortening in food processor; cover. Process
until creamy. Add corn and water; process until corn is coarsely chopped.
- Combine sugar, corn meal, evaporated milk, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
Stir in corn mixture until combined. Spread into prepared pie plate. Sprinkle with
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until firm and lightly browned around edge.
- Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes before serving.
- Scoop or cut into wedges to serve.
Prep Time: 15 min | CookTime: 40 min | 8 servings
Recipe and photo credit: Nestlé and meals.com