Sweet Potato Casserole
with Praline Topping
A delightful praline pecan topping sits atop this delicious sweet potato casserole.
- 3 cups cooked mashed Louisiana yams (sweet potatoes) about 3-4
- 2/3 cup of 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Casserole: Heat oven 350 degrees F. Coat 2-quart casserole with
nonstick cooking spray.
- In bowl, cream together all ingredients except the topping with potato
masher or mixer until blended. Transfer to prepared dish and sprinkle with
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until thoroughly heated and topping is brown and
- Praline Topping: In bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
Stir in butter, vanilla extract and pecans until crumbly.
Credits: Holly Clegg's "Kitchen 101" Cookbook
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission