Swiss Parmesan Potato Casserole
My family just loves this potato casserole and always request it for family dinners
at my house. I purchase a chunk of Alpine Lace Swiss cheese from the deli department
and shred it myself. The flavor from the Alpine Lace gives it a wonderful taste
(expensive but well worth it).
- 1 1/4 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Layer potatoes in a buttered 2-quart casserole dish, sprinkling each layer with
the cheese mixture.
- Dot with butterm cover tightly with aluminum foil, and bake for one hour.
- Uncover and pour cream over the top. Sprinkle with Swiss.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine 6/9/01 7:29:15 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Casserole Recipes