Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen vegetables, thawed
- 1 (2.8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen Tater Tots, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish, layer the beef, vegetables and
onions. Dot with butter.
- In a bowl, whisk soups and Worcestershire sauce together, thinning with
a bit of water to make spreadable, if necessary; spread over vegetables. Top
with Tater Tots.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour or until golden brown.
- When you remove the casserole from the oven, sprinkle with
a little shredded cheddar, mozzarella or Swiss cheese.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings