Vidalia Onion Casserole 3
- 3 pounds Vidalia onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Sauté the onions in butter in a large skillet until
soft, about 10 minutes.
- Boil the rice in water for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Place the onions, rice, cheese
and half-and-half in a greased baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/5/01 9:01:18 pm.