A Different Pointe of View Serrano Mango
Salsa and Southwest Chicken Spread
Serrano Mango Salsa
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and finely diced
- juice of 1 lime
- salt to taste
Southwest Chicken Spread
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, well drained
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, roasted and salted, plus extra for garnish
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Serrano Mango Salsa: Combine ingredients in medium bowl and chill briefly.
- Southwest Chicken Spread: Spread cream cheese on dinner-size serving plate.
Top with black beans, onion and sunflower seeds. Spread on sour cream. Sprinkle
with chicken, cilantro and extra sunflower seeds, if desired.
- Serve with crackers.
Yield: 4 cups Spread
Source: Chef Cristobal Soto, A Different Pointe of View, Phoenix, Arizona
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.