Abacus Lobster Scallion Shooters
- 2 ounces sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots
- 1 stalk lemongrass, minced
- 2 ounces ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 pound lobster meat, chipped fine
- 4 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sambal chili sauce
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint
- 2 tablespoon basil
- 32 pieces dumpling wrappers
- 2 eggs, whipped
- 3 cups peanut oil
- In a medium saucepan, sauté in sesame oil the garlic, shallots, lemongrass
and ginger until slightly browned.
- Remove from heat and transfer to mixing bowl. Fold in the lobster meat,
soy sauce, sambal, scallions, mint and basil.
- Lay out dumpling wrappers evenly on a flat surface, then brush a thin layer
of egg on each wrapper. Place a small amount of the mixture in the center of
the wrapper. Fold the edges of the wrappers up around the mixture and squeeze
the edges to seal the dumpling.
- Deep fry dumplings in 350 degree F peanut oil until golden brown.
Source: Kent Rathbun, Executive Chef, Abacus, Dallas, Texas - as published in
Southwest Food Service News.