Abacus Lobster Scallion Shooters
- 2 ounces sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots
- 1 stalk lemongrass, minced
- 2 ounces ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 pound lobster meat, chipped fine
- 4 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sambal chili sauce
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint
- 2 tablespoon basil
- 32 pieces dumpling wrappers
- 2 eggs, whipped
- 3 cups peanut oil
- In a medium saucepan, sauté in sesame oil the garlic, shallots, lemongrass
and ginger until slightly browned.
- Remove from heat and transfer to mixing bowl. Fold in the lobster meat,
soy sauce, sambal, scallions, mint and basil.
- Lay out dumpling wrappers evenly on a flat surface, then brush a thin layer
of egg on each wrapper. Place a small amount of the mixture in the center of the wrapper. Fold the edges of the
wrappers up around the mixture and squeeze the edges to seal the dumpling.
- Deep fry dumplings in 350 degree F peanut oil until golden brown.
Source: Kent Rathbun, Executive Chef, Abacus, Dallas, Texas - as published in
Southwest Food Service News.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.