Abiquiu Jalapeno Scallop Potatoes
- 6 medium Idaho Russet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/16 inch thick
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Jalapeno peppers, roasted, peeled and finely julienned to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a 1 1/2-quart casserole
- Lay potatoes into the pan, creating layers. Lightly season each layer with
salt and pepper. After third layer, sprinkle on cheese and arrange peppers on
top. Continue to layer potatoes until they are all used.
- Pour milk and cream over the potatoes. Lightly season again with salt and
- Bake casserole in preheated oven for 2 hours covered, and then for 20 minutes
uncovered. The top of the casserole should be golden brown when done.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Yield: 6-8 portions
Recipe courtesy of Chef de Cuisine - Thom Fox, Abiquiu, Los Angeles, CA.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Idaho Potato Commission
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.