Acadiana Cafe Cajun Cabbage
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds cabbage, chopped
- Cook bacon in a large heavy saucepan until brown and crisp.
- Add margarine and onion. Cook over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add green pepper and cook until soft, about 5 minutes more.
- Add cayenne; stir well.
- Add cabbage and tomatoes; mix well. (Mixture will seem dry.) Cook slowly
over medium heat, about 30 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Do not overcook.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 102 Calories; 11g Fat (99.0% calories
from fat); trace Protein; trace Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol;
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Fat
Source: Acadiana Cafe, San Antonio, Texas
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.