Acadiana Cafe Cajun Cabbage
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds cabbage, chopped
- Cook bacon in a large heavy saucepan until brown and crisp.
- Add margarine and onion. Cook over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add green pepper and cook until soft, about 5 minutes more.
- Add cayenne; stir well.
- Add cabbage and tomatoes; mix well. (Mixture will seem dry.) Cook slowly
over medium heat, about 30 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Do not overcook.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 102 Calories; 11g Fat (99.0% calories
from fat); trace Protein; trace Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol;
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Fat
Source: Acadiana Cafe, San Antonio, Texas
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.