Acapulco Princess Black Forest Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine sugar
- 2 eggs
- 10 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons kirsch
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 2 (17 ounce) cans dark sweet cherries, drained
- 3 1/2 cups whipped cream (3 1/2-4 cups) chocolate shavings - for garnish
- Cream butter and 1/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, then
milk. Beat until smooth.
- Sift together flour, salt, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda. Fold dry
ingredients into egg mixture until blended. Pour into greased and floured 8-inch
round cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan. Cool thoroughly on wire rack.
- Slice cake crosswise twice to make 3 layers. Layers will be thin.
- Mix together 1 tablespoon sugar, water, and kirsch, then sprinkle top 2
layers (not bottom) with mixture. Spread all 3 layers with raspberry preserves.
Cover each layer with cherries, then spread with whipped cream. Place second
and third layers atop bottom layer. Sprinkle top with chocolate shavings.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 631 Calories; 36g Fat (51.0% calories
from fat); 7g Protein; 72g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 182mg Cholesterol; 515mg
Source: Acapulco Princess, Acapulco, Mexico
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes