Ace's Restaurant Black Jack Barbecue Sauce
- 2 3/8 ounces butter
- 1 1/4 quarts yellow onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 1 1/4 quarts tomato ketchup
- 5/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 quarts Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 can chipotle peppers
- 1/8 bottle whiskey
- 3/4 pound brown sugar
- 5/8 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- Salt to taste
- Sweat the onions and garlic in the butter until soft.
- Add the chili powder and cook for two to three minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Simmer until reduced to desired consistency.
Blend using a hand blender.
- Correct the seasoning, then cool, label and store.
Source: Chef Michael Cross, Ace's Restaurant, Sacramento, California
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.