Ace's Restaurant Black Jack Barbecue Sauce
- 2 3/8 ounces butter
- 1 1/4 quarts yellow onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 1 1/4 quarts tomato ketchup
- 5/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 quarts Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 can chipotle peppers
- 1/8 bottle whiskey
- 3/4 pound brown sugar
- 5/8 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- Salt to taste
- Sweat the onions and garlic in the butter until soft.
- Add the chili powder and cook for two to three minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Simmer until reduced to desired consistency.
Blend using a hand blender.
- Correct the seasoning, then cool, label and store.
Source: Chef Michael Cross, Ace's Restaurant, Sacramento, California
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.