Actors Theatre Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur (Kahlua or Tia Maria)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan and set aside.
- Cake: Sift together flour, sugar, salt, cocoa and baking powder. Stir in butter,
bourbon, liqueur and milk. Spread in pan.
- Syrup: In a separate bowl, stir 1 cup water together with brown sugar, white sugar
and cocoa. Pour this syrup over batter in pan (This looks weird, but it works).
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until center of cake is firm to the touch, and sounds
hollow when tapped - the dessert should remain very gooey under a baked crust,
so don't wait until a wooden pick tests clean.
Yield: 12 to 15 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.