Adam's Mark Daytona Beach Resort
Buckingham Braised Chicken
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 black peppercorns
- 5 ounces chardonnay wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 ounces roux or cornstarch
- 2 ounces heavy cream
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Chardonnay Sauce: In hot saucepan, heat olive oil, then sauté chopped shallots,
chopped thyme, bay leaves and peppercorns until shallots are glassy.
- Deglaze with chardonnay and reduce by half. Add chicken stock (or broth).
Simmer 10 minutes.
- Continue to simmer; slowly add and stir roux (flour creamed into softened
butter) or cornstarch (mixed into small amount of cold water) to tighten sauce
- Add cream and strain.
- Braised Chicken: Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Rub chicken with softened butter.
- Mix salt, freshly ground pepper, cumin and garlic powder; season chicken.
- Roast until chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- Nap with sauce and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Adam's Mark Daytona Beach Resort
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes