Al Dente's Shellfish Paella in a Clay Casserole
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds white onions
- 2 1/2 pounds tomatoes
- 2 pounds green bell peppers
- 16 manila clams
- 8 mussels
- 1 pound squid
- 8 jumbo shrimp
- 1/2 pound Spanish chistorra
- 1 pound chicken
- 1 1/2 cups short rice
- Touch of saffron
- 2 liters chicken broth
- Heat oil in a shallow clay casserole or large skillet. Add onions and sauté
slowly over low heat, adding tomatoes, peppers, chistorra, chicken, squid, clams,
shrimp, mussels and saffron.
- Add rice and chicken broth. Cook for about 25 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Source: Al Dente's, Scottsdale, Arizona
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.