Aldaco's Salsa de Mesa
- 6 large red tomatoes
- 6 large jalapeno peppers, stemmed
- 1/2 white onion
- 10 chiles de arbol, or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, lower stems removed
- Roast tomatoes on a comal or cast iron fry pan until skins are dark and
tomatoes are soft.
- Repeat with the jalapenos and onion. Roast the chiles de arbol over medium
heat, turning them as necessary, and taking care not to burn them. (Be careful as they will smoke and make you
- Place all roasted ingredients in a blender or food processor; add the fresh
garlic and cilantro. Pulse briefly or use chopping mode until the mixture has
a thick consistency. Do not allow the salsa to liquefy. Add salt to taste.
Yield: about 6 cups
Recipe can be halved.
Source: Aldaco's Mexican Cuisine, San Antonio, Texas
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.