Alpine Village House Soup - Chicken Supreme
This recipe was featured in the Las Vegas Review Journal after the restaurant closed. The soup was my favorite item on the menu so I was delighted that the owners decided to share the authentic recipe with their patrons.
- 2 quarts water
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons Accent
- 1 pound ground chicken, cooked
- 1 medium onion, ground
- Yellow food coloring, optional
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 2 carrots, ground up
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Soup: Boil all soup ingredients together for about 30 minutes.
- Roux: Heat the vegetable oil until smoking. Add the flour
and stir with a wire whisk. The oil and flour roux should be the consistency
of mashed potatoes.
- Add the roux to the soup and use the wire whisk to blend. Serve hot and
After I boiled the soup ingredients for 30 minutes, I removed the pot from
the heat and allowed to cool slightly. I ladled the mixture into a blender, about
2 to 3 cups at a time, and blended until almost smooth. I poured the blended mixture
back into a large pot and added the cooked roux and continued to cook until the
The blender process gave the soup a creamier texture as was served at Alpine
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes