Alpine Village House Soup - Chicken Supreme
This recipe was featured in the Las Vegas Review Journal after the restaurant closed. The soup was my favorite item on the menu so I was delighted that the owners decided to share the authentic recipe with their patrons.
- 2 quarts water
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons Accent
- 1 pound ground chicken, cooked
- 1 medium onion, ground
- Yellow food coloring, optional
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 2 carrots, ground up
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Soup: Boil all soup ingredients together for about 30 minutes.
- Roux: Heat the vegetable oil until smoking. Add the flour
and stir with a wire whisk. The oil and flour roux should be the consistency
of mashed potatoes.
- Add the roux to the soup and use the wire whisk to blend. Serve hot and
After I boiled the soup ingredients for 30 minutes, I removed the pot from
the heat and allowed to cool slightly. I ladled the mixture into a blender, about
2 to 3 cups at a time, and blended until almost smooth. I poured the blended mixture
back into a large pot and added the cooked roux and continued to cook until the
The blender process gave the soup a creamier texture as was served at Alpine
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.