Amy Ruth's Home-Style Southern Cuisine Corn Pudding
- 2 cups corn kernels (fresh, canned* or thawed frozen)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons melted butter (1/2 stick)
- Dash cayenne
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 1-quart baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Add the melted butter, milk and sugar. Combine well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour pudding into the the greased baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
* If using canned corn, make sure all liquid is drained.
Source: Amy Ruth's Home-Style Southern Cuisine, New York, New York