Angelina's Zydeco Creole Jambalaya
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut
- 1/2 pound ham, diced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup green onions,
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 can whole tomatoes, drained (reserve liquid)
- Pinch thyme
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Uncle Ben's Converted Rice
1/2 cups stock water
- 2 pounds fresh shrimp, deveined
- Place sausage and ham in very heavy Dutch oven and sauté until lightly browned.
Remove from pot and set aside.
- Sauté onions, bell pepper, celery, green onions and add meat drippings.
Cook until tender.
- Add tomatoes, thyme, pepper and salt. Cook for five minutes. Stir in rice.
- Mix together liquid from tomatoes, stock and Worcestershire sauce equal
to 2 cups and add to sautéed vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer
and add fresh shrimp, ham and sausage. Cook uncovered, stirring often for about
30 minutes or until rice and shrimp are done.
Source: Angelina's Zydeco, New Orleans, Louisiana