Anotherthyme Pasta Primavera
- 1 pound dried tagliatelle pasta*
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cooked artichoke hearts, quartered (fresh or canned)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup sugar snap peas or snow peas
- 1 cup (1 1/2-inch) asparagus tips
- 3 tablespoons pesto
* Fettuccine can be substituted for the tagliatelle.
- Boil the pasta in salted water 8 to 10 minutes until al dente. Drain.
- While pasta is boiling, heat butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat
until foam subsides.
- Add garlic and pepper, and sauté about 1 minute until golden brown, being
careful not to burn the garlic. Add half-and-half and shiitakes, and cook for another 5 minutes. Add gorgonzola and
Parmesan. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, for another 4 minutes.
- Add drained pasta and toss gently to combine. Add artichoke hearts, tomatoes,
sugar snaps, asparagus tips and pesto. Cook about 1 minute just until asparagus tips are snap-tender.
Yield: 4 servings
Per serving: fats, 35 grams (31% of calories); calories, 1,013; cholesterol,105
milligrams; carbohydrate, 133 grams; fiber, 6 grams; protein, 42 grams; sodium,
Source: Anotherthyme - Raleigh, North Carolina