Antoine's Shrimp Creole
- 2 pounds shrimp
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes with juice
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Sauté the green pepper and onion in 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add the tomatoes and juice and other seasonings.
- Blend in the cornstarch using a wire whip. Simmer covered 1 hour.
- Sauté the shrimp in 3 tablespoons butter that has been seasoned with salt
and pepper. Add to the sauce.
Yield: 4 servings
This is better if made a day ahead of time. Can be frozen. Serve with white rice.
Source: Antoine's Restaurant - New Orleans, Louisiana