Antonio's la Fiamma Tiramisu
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/8 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large egg yolks or 1/2 cup pasteurized egg yolks
- 17 1/2 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup Myers's rum
- Pinch cinnamon
- 3 cups freshly-brewed espresso
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- About 48 ladyfingers
- Whip 3 cups heavy cream with 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Whip egg yolks with 5 ounces sugar until thick and pale in color and about
doubled in volume. The mixture should form thick ribbons when the beaters are
- In small increments with the machine running, add mascarpone cheese to the
egg yolk mixture. Add rum and cinnamon, being careful not to overmix.
- Fold in a third of the mascarpone with the whipped cream. Then fold in the
remaining mascarpone mixture in thirds.
- Combine espresso, 1/4 cup sugar, coffee liqueur. Soak ladyfingers in espresso
- Place three ladyfingers side by side on a serving plate. Top with cheese
mixture. Repeat three more ladyfingers and more cheese. Dust with cocoa powder,
trim edges and serve.
Yield: 8 servings