Apple Valley Country Club Chicken Ambassador
- 1 (6 ounce) chicken breast
- Flour, for dredging
- Beaten eggs, for dipping
- White bread slices, finely diced cubes
- 1/4 of one shallot, diced fine
- 2 ounces white wine
- 3 to 4 ounces heavy cream
- Chicken: Lightly flour the chicken and dip into the beaten egg "wash."
- Coat chicken in the tiny white bread cubes on both sides.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan and saute chicken until lightly
brown on both sides.
- Finish cooking in oven for 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Sauce: In a frying pan, sauté the diced shallot until golden, then
stir in the white wine. Boil for little bit. Add heavy cream to boil. Stir in
a tablespoon or so of roux (salad oil and flour mixed together into a paste)
to thicken the sauce to your liking. Add salt and white pepper to taste.
- Serve sauce over the chicken.
Posted by Gayle at Recipe Goldmine on 11/15/2001, 10:00 am
Source: highdesert.com - Juan Ruan, Apple Valley Country Club's executive