Applebee's Classic Patty Melt
- 1 burger patty
- Salt, pepper, granulated garlic, to taste
- Melted butter, as needed
- 2 pieces Italian bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise with roasted garlic and mustard
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 slices Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- Season one side of the burger with salt, pepper and garlic. Place on grill
or in broiler, seasoned side down. Then season the other side. Cook to desired
doneness. (At our Applebee's, the minimum internal temperature of any burger
is 155 degrees F.)
- While burger is cooking, melt butter in fry pan on medium heat or in electric
skillet (set at 350 degrees). Spread mayonnaise onto bread. Drop bread, dry
side down, onto melted pools and swirl to coat (to avoid sticking/burning).
- Cover one slice of bread with two slices of Swiss cheese and the other with
two slices of Cheddar.
- In a separate frying/sauté pan, melt butter and saute sliced onions. Season
with salt, pepper and garlic while heating.
- Place cooked burger patty on top of one cheese-topped slice of bread and
the sautéed onions on the other. Carefully close and cut sandwich.
- Serve with your favorite summer side dish. We serve ours in "classic"
style with seasoned French fries and a pickle.
Source: themilwaukeechannel.com - Applebee's Recipe of the Month