Applebee's Honey Glaze
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon whiskey
- 1/4 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (granulated)
- Cornstarch/water mixture (as needed to thicken)
- Combine liquid ingredients cider vinegar through Tabasco sauce in saucepan
and warm to just below a simmer over low heat. You may opt to use a "double
boiler" pan to avoid scorching the glaze.
- Next, add garlic and then slowly add sugar while stirring.
- In small cup/bowl, add cornstarch to cold water and mix thoroughly until
starch is dissolved.
- Increase heat to glaze and slowly stir in the starch/water mixture as it
thickens. Do not bring to full boil. Stop just short of the desired final consistency.
It will continue to thicken.
- Reduce heat to keep warm.
- You may serve on the side of your favorite broiled dish or brush on just
before removing from the broiler/grill.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes