Applebee's Honey Grilled Salmon
- 4 (8 ounce) salmon fillets (without skin)
Honey Pepper Sauce
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Make the sauce by combining all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium/low
heat. Stir occasionally until sauce begins to boil, then simmer uncovered for
15 minutes or until syrupy. Watch the sauce closely to be sure it doesn't bubble
- Heat barbecue grill to medium heat.
- Rub each salmon filet with vegetable oil, then add a light sprinkling of
salt and pepper.
- Grill the salmon for 4 to 7 minutes per side or until done.
- Serve salmon with a small cup of the honey pepper sauce on the side.