Applebee's Southwest Steak
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 (5.5 ounce) sirloin steaks, or your favorite cut
- 4 shakes blackened steak seasoning
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers, julienne cut
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers, julienne cut
- 1 cup yellow onion, julienne cut
- Butter, as needed
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Garlic, granulated, to taste
- 1 slice Cheddar cheese
- 1 slice Monterey jack cheese, sliced
- Heat skillet or grill to 550 degrees F.
- Shake blackened steak seasoning on to one side of meat and grill to desired
doneness, turning halfway on grill between "flips" to achieve "diamond"
- While steak is cooking, cut onions and peppers.
- Melt butter and saute onions and peppers. Season with salt, pepper and garlic.
Reduce heat and hold until steak is cooked.
- For final minute of steak cooking, top with cheese slices.
- Plate for service with onions and peppers and serve with your favorite side
dishes. Applebee's serves theirs with skin-on garlic mashed potatoes and
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes