Applebee's Steakhouse Salad
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (1 pound) sirloin steak
- 4 to 5 romaine lettuce leaves
- 3/4 pound chopped romaine lettuce
- 5 ounces Blue Cheese Vinaigrette Dressing
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices red onion rings
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (like Tabasco)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- Salad: Begin grilling steak to desired doneness. Cook to an internal temperature
of 145 degrees F. Season if desired.
- While steak is cooking, wash romaine heads in cold water in sink with 1/4
cup salt and 1/4 cup vinegar to clean dirt and germs. Peel off outer leaves
and place on bottom of large oval plate or platter. Drain and refill sink with
cold water, salt and vinegar. Slice romaine lengthwise into 1 1/2-inch squares.
Immerse in sink to "shock" the lettuce and to keep it crisp. Drain
- Toss 12 ounces of lettuce in large mixing bowl with blue cheese vinaigrette
dressing until coated. Place on top of romaine leaves. Slice steak into 1/4
inch strips and place over salad. Shingle red onion rings at the top and tomato
slices at the bottom of the plate.
- Sprinkle crumble blue cheese over salad and serve.
- Blue Cheese Vinaigrette: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy small skillet over
medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons minced garlic and saute until golden, about 1
- Transfer garlic mixture to blender. Add blue cheese, white wine vinegar,
1 tablespoon water, sugar, hot pepper sauce, salt, pepper and remaining olive
oil; blend well.
- Transfer vinaigrette to bowl. Mix in chopped basil. Vinaigrette
can be prepared two days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes