Applebee's Vegetable Medley
- 1/2 pound cold, fresh zucchini, 1/4 inch bias half moons
- 1/2 pound cold, fresh yellow squash, 1/4 inch bias half moons
- 1/4 pound cold red pepper, 1/4 inch julienne cut strips
- 1/4 pound cold carrots, 4 inch x 1/4 inch sticks
- 1/4 pound cold red onions, 1/4 inch julienne cut strips
- 1 cold, small corn cob, 1-6 "wheel" cut
- 3 tablespoons cold butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh or dried parsley
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize sink.
- Rinse and wash all vegetables under cold water.
- Clean and sanitize cutting board and knife.
- Cut the ends off of the zucchini and squash, then down the center lengthwise. Using chef knife, cut into 1/4 inch bias half moons.
- Slice red pepper in half and remove the stem. Core and remove seeds from the red peppers. Cut each half in half, then slice lengthwise.
- Slice both ends of red onion off. Remove the peel and core of the onion. Slice lengthwise for a 1/4 inch julienne cut.
- Peel carrots. Trim top end of carrot and narrow bottom end to result in a 4 inch length of (somewhat) uniform width. Cut each piece in half lengthwise, then cut the halves into quarters, result should be approximately 1/4 inch x 1/4 inch sticks.
- Heat butter or margarine in a sauté pan over medium heat (do not scorch). Add salt, sugar and garlic. Add vegetables (start with carrots and work back up the list - denser vegetables take longer to heat) and cook until hot, yet crisp. When vegetables are all in pan and cooking, add Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and parsley. Mix thoroughly and serve.