Aqua in Bellagio Tartar of Ahi Tuna
In a variation on that theme, ahi tuna tartar is a signature appetizer at Aqua
in Bellagio, 3600 Las Vegas Blvd. South, according to Mark LoRusso, executive chef.
The tuna, which is naturally red in its uncooked state, is shaped as a heart.
LoRusso said his staff would present it as a molded heart on Valentine's Day
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 8 ounces sushi-grade ahi tuna, diced to 1/4 inch
- 2 quail egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, infused with scraps of chiles
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts, roasted
- 4 tablespoons Bosc pear, diced small
- 2 pinches red and green habanero chiles, minced
- 2 pinches garlic, minced
- 2 pinches ancho chili powder
- 2 pinches kosher salt
- 8 ounces mint leaves, finely cut into strips
- 4 slices white toast, crust removed and cut into triangle-shaped fourths
- Place a heart-shaped mold in center of each plate and fill with half of
the tuna. Remove molds and place one raw quail egg yolk on top of each form.
- Drizzle half of sesame oil over tuna and onto each plate.
- Place half of pine nuts, pears, habanero chiles and garlic in small piles
around each plate. Sprinkle plates with ancho chili powder, salt and mint.
- Place 8 toast triangles on each plate.
Yield: 2 servings
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 2/13/2002 9:49 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes