This is ketchup with a kick. No one does this better than Arby's. We did
find that Lea & Perrins gave the best flavor for this sauce.
This sauce is a nice change on hamburgers or pastrami, and a great dipping sauce
for hot wings.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce (Lea & Perrins)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Cornstarch Mixture (thickening mixture)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Mix Cornstarch Mixture well; set aside.
- Place all sauce ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed for 15
- 20 seconds. Pour ingredients into a small saucepan, heat on medium low. Simmer
gently for twenty minutes, stirring several times.
- After twenty minutes add cornstarch mixture, stir well. When sauce begins
to thickens let simmer on a very low temperature for ten minutes. Remove from
heat and let cool. Mixture will be similar in thickness to steak sauce.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.