Arcadia Farms Cafe
White Barbecue Pulled Pork Sandwich
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 1/2 pounds roasted pulled pork *
- 4 split buns or large soft rolls
- 1 cup prepared coleslaw
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cider vinegar with the water, white wine,
vegetable oil, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, sweet paprika, salt, black
pepper and cayenne pepper, and boil over high heat until reduced to 1 1/4 cups,
about 15 minutes.
- Add pulled pork to warm vinegar sauce (if using frozen pork, thaw while
sauce is thickening) and heat through, stirring gently.
- Pile the pulled pork on the buns/rolls and drizzle with extra vinegar sauce.
- Top with coleslaw, close sandwich and serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings, with leftovers
* To prepare the pulled pork, put the pork in a roasting pan and bake for
about 6 hours. Basically, roast the pork until it's falling apart and an instant-read
thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 170 degrees F. Remove the
pork roast from the oven and transfer to a large platter. Allow the meat to rest
for about 10 minutes. While still warm, take 2 forks and "pull" the meat
to form shreds. Shred the pork by steadying the meat with 1 fork and pulling it
away with the other.
Approximate values per serving: 669 calories, 41 g fat, 115 mg cholesterol,
38 g protein, 29 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 1,311 mg sodium, 55 percent calories
Source: Arcadia Farms Cafe, Heard Museum, Phoenix, Arizona