Arizona Biltmore Resort and Spa Chocolate Linzer Tart
- 7 ounces butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla extract; mix to
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Mix dry ingredients into butter
mixture. Place mixture in the refrigerator to chill.
- Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Line tart pan with dough, reserving some
for the tops of the tarts. Fill tart shell with raspberry jam. Cut reserved
dough into strips; place over the jam in a lattice design.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until the jam is set and the crust is golden.
Source: Chef Jeffrey Elliott - Arizona Biltmore Resort and Spa, Phoenix, Arizona