Arizona Biltmore Kumquat Salsa
- 2 jalapenos, seeded, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 kumquats, quartered
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 red tomatoes, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix jalapenos with garlic and cilantro. Remove insides from kumquats. Put
insides in small pot and add orange juice, lemon juice, and brown sugar.
- While reducing mixture, cut kumquat shells to 1/2-inch size and add to reduction.
- When reduction is done and tender mix with the other ingredients and add
salt and pepper to taste.
Source: Arizona Biltmore Hotel, Phoenix, Arizona