Arizona Biltmore Resort and Spa
Oaxaca Cheese Grits
- 1 cup dry grits
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup poblano puree
- 1/4 cup Oaxaca cheese, grated
- Heat a heavy-bottom pot over medium heat. Add dry grits; stirring often,
toast the grits for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in chicken stock. Stirring occasionally, bring mixture just
to a boil; simmer for five minutes.
- Slowly incorporate heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper; remove mixture
- Fold in butter, cheese and poblano puree; Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
You can substitute 1 small can of diced, roasted mild green chiles that
have been pureed in a blender for the poblano puree.
Source: Chef Eric Strong, Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa, Phoenix, Arizona