Arlington Inn Vermont Maple Syrup Cheesecake
- 24 (5 x 2 1/2-inch) Graham crackers
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (preferably Grade B)
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup pure maple syrup (preferably Grade B)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Crust: In a food processor finely grind Graham crackers (you will have about
3 1/2 cups). Melt butter. In a large bowl stir together Graham cracker crumbs,
butter, and maple syrup and press evenly into bottom and up side of a 10-inch
springform pan. Wrap bottom and side of pan with 2 layers of heavy-duty foil
to avoid leakage.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Filling: In bowl of a standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment or in
a food processor beat cream cheese on low speed, scraping down side of bowl
occasionally, until smooth. Add syrup and eggs, one at a time, beating well
after each addition. Add vanilla and cream and beat until just combined.
- Pour filling into crust and bake in middle of oven 1 hour (cake will not
be set in center but will set as it chills). Cool cake in pan on a rack. Chill
cake, covered, at least 8 hours and up to 4 days.
- Remove side of pan.
- Serve cheesecake in wedges, drizzled with maple syrup.
Source: The Arlington Inn, Arlington, Vermont