Armadillo Border Grill Chipotle
Chicken Penne Pasta
- 8 ounces cooked penne pasta
- 2 large marinated chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons diced green chiles
- 2 ounces sliced onion
- 2 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups Chipotle Cream Sauce
- 1 ounce cotija cheese
- 4 cilantro sprigs
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup soybean salad oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon Japanese chiles
Chipotle Cream Sauce
- 12 ounces heavy cream
- 2 1/4 ounces chipotle in adobo sauce
- Pasta: The night before: Chop chicken into 1/2 inch pieces and marinate
overnight (marinade recipe follows).
- To Prepare: Prepare Chipotle Cream Sauce (recipe follows) and set aside.
- In a hot sauté pan with a little melted butter; add the chicken and onions.
Cook until half done. Ad mushrooms and Chipotle Cream Sauce. Bring to a simmer
and let cook for another minute. Add the pasta; toss until well mixed. Pour
into a warm pasta bowl. Garnish with crumbled cotija cheese and cilantro sprigs.
- Marinade: Mix all together and let the chicken marinate overnight. Dice
the chicken after marinating.
- Chipotle Cream Sauce: In a blender, puree the chiles. Mix in heavy cream
until well blended. Add to the pasta in the pan after chicken and vegetables
have finished cooking.
Yield: 2 servings
Source: Armadillo Border Grill, Denver, Colorado