Arnaud's Trout Amandine
- 6 trout fillets with skin (4 to 6 ounces each)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 12 tablespoons butter, divided (no substitutes)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds, toasted
- 6 lemon wedges
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Dip each fillet in flour, shaking off excess.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high
heat until bubbly.
- Add 3 fillets, skin side down, and cook until golden brown and skin is crisp,
2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn and cook 2 to 3 minutes more, until golden brown.
- Transfer fillets to a platter; keep warm in oven. Wipe out skillet.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in skillet and repeat cooking remaining fillets.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 6 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan over
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Spoon almonds then butter sauce over each fillet.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Source: Ladies Home Journal - April 2001